Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Versatile Pieces for an Outdoor Wedding

My brother is getting married outdoors in March in Texas.  That means it could be hotter than hell, a monsoon or freezing cold.  March is completely unpredictable in many parts of the country.  It might not seem to be a dilemma but, there's more.

I am driving to Texas several weeks early so that I can visit friends along the way.  And, I have a tiny car that will only hold a suitcase slightly larger than an overnight bag.  That means that I have to decide what to wear before I leave and feel very confident in my choice.

That only leaves me one thing to do.  Layer!!  I need a fabulous outfit that I can wear with flats or heels (flats in the grass and heels for the reception).  Plus, I will need layers from light sweater to long overcoat.  Not a problem.  Flexibility in the face of any situation/occasion is truly one of the key elements of the stylish.

Here are my choices for the event.  If you have something similar arise remember...layer...layer...layer!!


St. John classic black sheath dress.  An investment piece that you can wear for years.  And, here's a hint, St. John knits can be blocked to fit approximately 10 lbs up or down!!  Makes it an even better value.


Beaded St. John jacket dressed up the simple black sheath.  It is the perfect transition from day to evening piece.


Samuel Dong Taffeta Bubble Coat.  This lightweight, water resistant coat is the updated version of the traditional trench.  The slight sheen gives it a dressed up look.  And it stretches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment