Friday, February 11, 2011

My Favorite Hip, Comfy Shoe

I first saw these at market years ago before they became uber popular with the celebrity crowd.  I kinda thought they were unremarkable looking at the time.  Simple canvas shoe in ordinary colors.  But, there was something really cool about them.  Their story.

Blake Mycoskie knew from the beginning that he wanted to start this company to make the lives better for people in Argentina.  For every pair of shoes that Tom's sells they give one away.  One for One.  That's their company motto.  How could you not think that this kinda ordinary, canvas shoe was super cool?!!

So, I bought a pair.  Then I bought another pair.  They are the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned.  One of the salespeople I talked to said they feel like wearing cushy socks.  Yea, kinda.  But, I love that they look cute with skirts, jeans, shorts, ankle pants....anything.  They are the new ballet slipper for the socially aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment