Friday, June 3, 2011

Shorts make me want to die

I admit it...I would rather die than have to put on a pair of shorts.  The last time that I broke out a pair of shorts was when I went to Sea World in San Antonio almost 20 years ago.  I'm just not a big fan of my legs to begin with so shorts make me want to crawl under the nearest rock.

So what do you do when you live in the South and the days start to hit 100 degrees in May?  Dresses!!  That's right, they are the answer to the "no shorts" woman's wardrobe.  There are so many fabulous, easy options in the dress department.  Over the last few years dresses have taken up a huge percentage of space in every retail store.

My favorites are the super soft, knit, washable, easy to wear kind.  I found this fantastic striped dress Talbot's recently and bought it in two colors.  I also love anything Zen Knits.  They wash beautifully and the designer is from Hawaii.  She loves things that can be worn with flip flops over a bathing suit or with heels out to dinner.

It's so easy to make a dress your own.  Add a different belt or put on some funky jewelry.  I love that you don't have to figure out an entire outfit.  Dresses are the new shorts for me!!

1 comment:

  1. I do understand, but I don't mind my legs so much, it's my arms and middle...
    Anywhooooooooo I do wear shorts, but I also wear capris & tees. I love a simple short sleeved cotton/linen dress that you can dress up or down. But since I'm running after a 7 year old a lot, I've got more of a sporty momiform (mom-uniform).
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete